Friday 11 March 2011

Welcome feature

Hi

At the end of the year I will be graduating from one of the top universities in the country. This is my Honours of my university degree in Industrial Engineering. Don't worry you are not the only one, most people would ask me to explain what Industrial Engineering is but not now. I will though, as you get to know me. I'm an engineering whatever with dare I say useful, business know-how. I’m black. I’m a woman.  I don't always spell correctly though. That's all you need for now. Some more: I have a great sense of humour but often serious.

I started this blog because I mostly wondered: how many people, like me, have asked themselves: how do I find the opportunities I need to succeed in my pursuits for wealth? Even more importantly, how do you achieve my wealth without compromising my integrity (if you are interested in it of course)? Black professionals often have to qualify themselves and prove that they are not BEE (if you don't know what that is, please get off my blog) window-dressers to actually be recognised. Moreover, we are notorious for ‘job-hopping’. Are we really that unenlightened or just not catered for in the current working environment?

I live in a country with a lot of racial diversity, thank Ala for that! However, this comes at a price. Being driven and finding your place at work or in making that all so important moola is not easy. Corruption, nepotism, BEE, or even my personal favourite term, tenderpreneur (God bless whoever coined it) might follow you. If somehow you have enough insight not to be boggled by all those, look up and you'll see that you haven't really tried to pursue success, whatever that may be for you!

I hate constant complainers who offer no solutions. I am looking to engage in a solution based environment with ‘can-do’ thinkers with a lot of humour (Lord knows I love it) and informed insight and solutions. I truly believe that the simplest, most basic thought is often the solution. For now I really would love your stories and insight. So please enlighten and educate.  First question: What is going on in this country and the workplace?



Sindiswa Dlamini

No comments:

Post a Comment